RYU Apparel Inc., creator of award-winning urban athletic apparel, announced it has signed a two-year in-kind agreement to be the official tailored urban athletic apparel of the NFL Alumni Academy.
The NFL Alumni Academy is an exclusive and elite training program that develops “NFL Ready” players while providing critical solutions for in-season injury replacement for the NFL. The Academy is located at the Hall of Fame Village in Canton, Ohio. In their inaugural 2020 season, the Academy trained over 30 of top NFL free agents and placed over half of them with NFL teams.
The athletes at the Academy are trained by former NFL players and coaches such as:
- Mike Tice – Former Minnesota Vikings Head Coach
- Anthony Munoz – Pro Football Hall of Fame Class of 1998
- Chuck Smith – One of the best all-time Atlanta Falcons defensive players
- Jerome Felton – 9 Year NFL Vet and Pro Bowler
- Chip Smith – Trained over 2,500 NFL Players
- Jermon Bushrod – New Orleans Saints Super Bowl XLIV Champion
Heading into the 2021 season the NFL Alumni Academy expects to train and place over 60 player athletes with NFL teams.
- As part of the in-kind partnership agreement all Academy players and coaches will exclusively wear RYU’s best in class performance apparel when training and while on official Academy business, such as media and other public appearances.
- Further, the Academy (athletes and coaches) will engage in a co-branded social media campaign with RYU in addition to displaying RYU branding and products on the NFL Alumni Academy website and facilities.
- RYU will have use of the NFL Alumni Academy secondary Logo for co-branded apparel and product packaging
“It is an athletic apparel brands dream to partner with an organization like the NFL Alumni Academy. This program represents the highest caliber in professional athletic training and our brand commends and supports the hard work, dedication, and discipline that these athletes and coaches have put into competing. Not only does this give RYU the chance to display the caliber of our performance products, but it introduces them to promising new markets. I know the athletes and coaching staff will love the performance of our products on and off the field,” said Cesare Fazari, CEO of RYU.
Dean Dalton, Executive Director of the NFL Alumni Academy, commented, “Pairing our athletes and coaches with RYU’s award-winning, technically-advanced products and powerful brand message of RESPECT is a perfect fit. It further puts a fine point on our Diversity Development program which is aimed at placing former minority players into front office and coaching positions with NFL teams.”
The NFL Alumni Academy is exclusively represented by WaV Sports & Entertainment. WaV’s CEO, Brian Klaasmeyer, said, “Pairing these two iconic brands was a no-brainer. The Academy is thrilled to be partnered with RYU as they have a shared vision of RESPECT for all. The explosive growth of RYU coincides with the growth of the Academy.”